Monday 9 January 2012

Dior Addict Lipstick 322 Beige Perfection Review and Swatch

This was my first Dior lipstick purchase. I really like the various lip gloss releases from Dior Addict that I've tried over the last few years, and was curious to see if my love could extend to include the lipsticks as well.



I have to admit to a purchase in the pre-Christmas sales and online, so I didn't actually see the colour in person before buying. Sometimes we just do things like that. I went for no. 322 Beige Perfection which I thought would be a good everyday colour. A colour that I couldn't go wrong with.




At first, I was pretty disappointed. I found it felt a little gritty, but it was moisturizing, not drying at all. I don't think the grittiness is really fair. I've been wearing it on and off for a few weeks now and I don't notice it being gritty. My lips were really dry from travelling and a chance in climate, so I suspect it was probably that. Anyone else try these and notice anything?

Actually, I think these might be pretty good, but I think it's just a case of a colour choice I didn't love. The colour looks a light peachy pink with some shimmer, unfortunately, my lips are pretty pigmented, so I don't really notice much difference. I was expecting this to be a bit brighter I guess, after all, the Dior Addict lipsticks are meant to deliver vibrant colour and spectacular shine. I didn't really find that Beige Perfection did either particularly well for me. My mom has been eyeing this, so I think I will probably give it to her as I don't think I'll wear this very much. If you've got pale lips or you're a fan of a lipstick that adds very little colour, than this might be a good choice for you.


I'm also not too keen on the packaging. I realize my pictures might not have captured it, but depending on the light you can get a kinda cool prism effect with light refracting into the colours of the rainbow. That aside, it's chunky and bulky. I don't think it looks particularly sophisticated or princessy (what I usually prefer in my beauty product packaging). It also doesn't seem very sleek. I know the packaging isn't a big deal, but for an expensive product, I think it matters. This retails in the US for $28 and £22 in the UK.

Have you tried Dior Addict?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...