Friday 8 June 2012

Celebrating the Jubilee in style...

I celebrated the 4-day weekend for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee by doing a little of much needed retail therapy.

As usual, I went in thinking I needed nothing, and so would be a good window shopper, and assist my shopping companion in his needs. And yes, as usual, I found a few things I fell in love with and possibly can't live without.

While browsing in House of Fraser, I became mesmerized by one of Kate Middleton's favourite high street brands, L.K. Bennett.

Here were some of the items I was instantly in love with:



Sabira Shoes - in Navy (I've since looked online and sadly Navy and Dark Blue are all sold out!) I wasn't ready to pay £155 for a pair of shoes at that very moment, but I thought I might have time to think about it. Ah, I forgot how cruel shopping in the UK can be (if you don't snap it up immediately, you may miss it!). Plus they have half sizes.

These shoes are so lush, I'm tempted now to just buy a pair in a colour I don't really need since they fit so lovely. That's really silly, isn't it? They are simple and elegant, and I hope navy or dark blue shoes in a similar style will make a reappearance soon!

What I couldn't leave without was two lovely dark red patent leather wallets/purses. Yes, I am a sucker for patent leather - especially in deep rich shades such as dark red, dark blue, or dark green. I couldn't decide between the two sizes of purse, and luckily, they were on sale at House of Fraser, so I actually got a bit of a deal!




The Lulu (smaller) and Lola (larger) purses also come in light beige, and black.

Credit must go to the boyfriend, who actually spotted the purses and showed them to me. Such a good eye :D

Have you shopped at L.K. Bennett before?  Did you treat yourself this Jubilee?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...