Thursday 4 April 2013

Lunasol Layer Bloom Eyes in Purple Gradation

It was a sunny day, spur of the moment and I just started snapping the makeup around me when I took these shots. Only when I went back later to check the blog was I surprised that I hadn't reviewed this palette yet! This is one of my favourite palettes and is always on heavy rotation.



The sun was actually too bright, so maybe the colours look washed out. I mean, that was direct sunlight! *DIRECT SUNLIGHT* Yeah, we don't get that around here often enough.

Anyway, here are some inside shots with flash that give a better indication of the shades.


This palette is shade no. 3 Purple Gradation in Lunasol's Layer Bloom Eyes (ルナソル レイヤーブルームアイズ) and is a lovely palette of cool purples that lean to the blue side.



From top left to right, there's a lovely pale blue highlighter, then a light purple, with a vibrant lilac (well, it's vibrant for a Japanese brand, but not anywhere near as pigmented as you might expect from Mac), and a dark navy blue that leans a bit grey for the crease or liner.


And a shot of the packaging...


Then of course, a couple of swatches:







This is one of my all time favourite eyeshadow palettes. Especially the lilac purple in the left bottom. That is one of  my go-to-colours and I use it in so many looks. It's sheer, as you'd expect from Lunasol, but it's still very lovely and bright and really gives a good pick-up to the eyes. Applies smoothly and lasts all day for me with help of a primer. Honestly can't think of any complaints where this palette is concerned. It's lovely and wonderful if you're into cool purples.

In short, this pretty much sums up how I feel about this eyeshadow.



And last but not least, here is a promotional shot from Lunasol of this palette:


Do you have a favourite purple eyeshadow?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...