Wednesday 26 February 2014

Finding the right fit in a bra

I have been in love with Bravissimo every since I noticed my bras weren't feeling quite right. I had been wearing a 34B for years and after putting on some extra weight thought that maybe I should have a bra fitting.

I went into Bravissimo and they told me I was a 32E! Well that was quite the surprise, but wow, how comfortable that bra felt.

Now I know how to tell what bra fits well both in band size and in cups. I don't think I was wrong all those years - I think I genuienly fit into a 34B at one point. Maybe it was a bit too large, maybe I was actually a 32C or a 30D, I don't know for certain, but now I find that I vary between a 32E, 30F, and 30FF. But most important of all - I know to try the bra on, and not trust the size on the label.

Sounds so simple, but I was missing out on that. ¬_¬;;

Anyway, I wanted to also post about Bravissimo because not only have been brilliant in sizing, but they also have amazing customer service. I have literally worn bras from there a few times and realised it wasn't right for me and they have given me a refund - no questions asked! Even when I say 'well, I've worn it a few times already...' they haven't even blinked and accepted it for a full refund or exchange. I seriously couldn't be more happy about their customer service.

If you haven't tried them yet, give them a chance. At the very worst, you can simply return your bra!

I guess I should say, the only downside to Bravissimo is that while they have a wide range of band sizes from 28 to 40, they seem to cater mainly to larger cup sizes from D to L.

Here are some of my most recent purchases - well actually bought them a few months ago. So I can honestly say they have lasted well and are truly comfortable.





Satine bra £29 This bra is so comfortable! It does run a bit small in the cup, so I'd recommend going up a cup size than your usual size (The sales woman recommended this and I'd say she was right!) (So if you usually wear 36E, you'll probably want 36F in this one).

I have the Satine bra in nude and it's gorgeous! I never realised how hard it was to find a decent nude bra until I went to an E/F/FF cup! Once you're no longer a cute A/B/C cup, it can really feel like stylish bras just don't exist - all the more so in nude (which people often call 'beige' and seem to think some be relegated to an old woman's knicker drawer).




Fanciful bra, £ 32



Patsy bra, by Freya £30
I have two of these and really love it. it has some light padding, which I adore - who wants nipple show-through?! I also nabbed one of these in a pale pink from Debenham's. I hope Freya keep making this style. It's so lovely, although I do find the band stretches a bit, which is why the 30 felt a bit tight at first, now feels very comfy. I originally got a 32 band but it became far too loose on me too quickly.

Remember if you go down a bandsize but the cup size fit fine, you should go up a cup letter as you go down (i.e. I went from 32E to 30F, so only the bandsize got smaller, the cup size stayed the same even though the letter changed). Or, down a cup size if you wanna increase the bandsize (i.e. from a 32E to a 34D).

Yep, bra sizes are so confusing to the uninitiated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...